Crematorium - 3D. A film by Michael Sims & Jack Ezra.
Michael Sims is a professional writer. His first screenplay, based on scenes from some of his own novels, has just won the British Horror Film Festival Best New Screenplay Award for 2013. He is the author of eight novels, with five more scheduled from his publishers, as well as nine story collections, four novellas, plus essays. He has worked as an editor, and as a publisher, where he was successful in obtaining Arts Council Grant funding for his publications. He has other screenplays completed, some based on his own stories and others commissioned. He is also currently working on a ghost writing project, telling the life story of an individual. Click HERE for Mick's website.
Jack Ezra is an all-round inventor, musician, animator, writer, producer & director with his specialty in 3D and was instrumental in the implementation of HD 3DTV with Sky & the BBC. 3 Government grants has helped further the UK's 3D industry and his latest creation, an "Off-Screen Cinema Subtitling System", is of great interest to Cineworld, Odeon, Regal and the CEA.
Jack produced, wrote, shot, edited & directed the 1st ever 3DHD transmission to South Africa for WACS/ Neotel just before the Olympics and has created 3D material for Gary Rhodes, the SeaLife Centers and a multitude of Corporate clients since single handedly making the first ever 3D music video in 1985.
Click HERE for Jack's 3D website Home Page. Click HERE for Jack's Music page.
Jack Ezra's Director / Producer projects....
1) "Pre-Olympic Launch for the West African Cable Systems (WACS) & Neotel 3D". First ever 3D HD transmission to South Africa.Director - Writer - Producer - Stereographer - Editor - Music Composer - 3D Stereo Computer Graphics.
2) "LookOut" for the American Adventure Theme Park & Blackpool Pleasure Beach.Director - Writer - Producer - Stereographer - Editor - Music Composer - 3D Stereo Computer Graphics.
3) "The Witch Way 3D" animated movie for the Stereoscopic Displays & Applications Conference USA.Director - Writer - Producer - Stereographer - Animator - Editor - VoiceOver artist.
4) "Blind Date 3D" for British Telecom.Director - Writer - Producer - Stereographer - Editor.
5) "Battle For Treasure Castle 3D" for Duinrell Theme Park Holland.CoWriter - Producer - Editor - Music Composer - 3D Stereo Special Effects - 3D Stereo Computer Graphics.
6) "Living In Virtual Reality 3D" for Capital Radio.Writer - Producer - Music Composer - Performer.
7) "SeaSpace 2000 3D" for the SeaLife Centers.Writer - Producer - Music Composer.
8) "Gary Rhodes in 3D" for the Kitchen & Cooking Show at the NEC Birmingham.Writer - Producer - Music Composer."Just a Moment Away" through his Music Publishing Deal with Eaton Music.Finalist at the Eurovision Song for Europe Contest.80's Band Member in the "Reaction" - forerunner to "TalkTalk".
LOGLINE: Ability not disability.
SYNOPSIS During WW2 the gas ovens in the concentration camps were built by a reputable firm.A family firm, they built the ovens because they were "motivated by the "challenge" of perfecting and installing incinerators capable of burning thousands of corpses daily, and blinded by the detail to their moral crime." This terror blindness continues for generations until a young grandson - Peter - is so affected by it in adulthood that he now runs a crematorium business.Trouble is when the incinerator breaks and he kept taking in business - he just buries the bodies in the woods.Jack, his mother Julie and his friend Mia, are at the funeral of Jack's sister, Amy. A victim of drugs gone wrong.Disabled from birth, Jack, is used to people pinning lazy labels onto him, making allowances when all he wants to do is live a normal life.After the funeral, and reception, Jack is visited by Amy's spirit who hints that she is not at peace.Jack receives the ashes in an urn from the crematorium but when he and his family try to scatter them at a special place the urn breaks and what is inside is not Amy's ashes at all, just rubbish and detritus.The crematorium is in poor financial health, incinerators broken, bills unpaid. Peter resorts to murder to cover his tracks.Jack and Mia investigate what is happening at the crematorium. They catch Peter burying a body.Peter catches them, with the help of his Mother, Peter puts Jack and Mia inside the incinerator. It is then that Mother realizes the place is broken.Peter reveals he has broken the ovens because he wants to break the family cycle of evil.Jack and Mia are released by Peter who kills himself.The bodies in the woods are officially exhumed; they include Amy.Jack and his family are finally able to lay Amy to rest.
Crematorium 3D by Mick Sims & Jack Ezra
Based on an idea by Jack Ezra
Inspired by two true stories
WGA Screen Play Registration Number: 1683620.
Documents available: A complete draft screenplay of the film, a detailed budget, ideas for casting, 3D showreel.
Links to further information....
Designed with Mobirise Free Web Page Design Software